HOW TO MEASURE YOUR RING SIZE
You can measure your ring size in a number of ways. In the UK it is measured alphabetically, in the US it is done numerically, or you can measure the Internal Diameter or Circumference.
While the most precise way to find your ring size is to have a jeweler do it, you can also easily do it at home. Whether you’re sizing your finger to buy a ring online, or want to surprise your sweetie with an engagement ring, the next method has you covered.
Finding Your Ring Size
- Cut a strip of paper or a piece of string. Wrap the paper or string around the finger to be sized.
- Slide the paper or string up to the knuckle, as the ring must be sized large enough to able to slip off and on, over the knuckle.
- Mark the intersection point of string. Make sure to mark both points of the string.
- Place the paper or string next to a ruler and write down your measurement.
- Locate your ring size by locating your measurement on the size chart.
If the measurement falls in between two sizes, it is recommended that you choose the larger size. Your fingers might also swell if you’re pregnant or taking certain medications. Take this into account when measuring your fingers.
Finding the Ring Size for Your Loved Ones
- Find a ring that your loved one currently wears.
- Make sure he or she wears that ring on the finger you are shopping for.
- Using a ruler to measure the inside diameter or inside circumference of the ring.
- Match your measurement with our size chart to find your perfect fitting size!
If the measurement falls in between two sizes, it is recommended that you choose the larger size.